updated 01/17/2014 AT 8:30 PM ET
•originally published 01/15/2014 AT 9:00 AM ET
Fellow TV icon Valerie Harper was one of the first to send birthday wishes to the Hot in Cleveland star:
Betty, my darling friend, do you know why everyone loves you so much? Because you’re so completely lovable! Here’s to the next 92.
Valerie Harper (@ValerieHarper) January 17, 2014
Although White’s dimwitted St. Olaf native’s naïveté was often a target for the other characters’ sharp-edged zingers, we gleaned plenty of wisdom from Rose over the show’s seven seasons. Here are 11 lessons she taught us.
1. Friends Will Help You Through a Crisis
Such as when a man dies in your bed.
2. But Sometimes It’s Better to Keep Them Away from Your Dates
“May I take your height?”
3. Sperheoven Krispies Make the Perfect Late-Night Snack
“Just when you’re about ready to throw up from the stench, that’s when they’re done.”
4. What’s Yours Is Yours
And don’t take bribes from anyone – even Sunshine Cadets.
5. A Dance Partner Isn’t Always Necessary
Especially when cartwheels and splits are involved.
6. It’s Possible to Tell a Story in 10 Words or Less
In fact, sometimes it’s better that way.
7. Excitement Is Key in a Relationship
“You don’t realize how much you care for a man until you see him streaking toward the earth trying to grab a bird.”
8. Express Gratitude for Your Friends
But don’t fall for their pranks.
9. There Is Such a Thing as a Stupid Question
And sometimes it needs to be asked.
10. Always Be Prepared with an Extra Cheesecake
Preferably not from a baker who refuses to wear a hairnet.
11. You Can Lead a Herring to Water
But you have to walk really fast or he’ll die.
Like us on Facebook for more stories like this!